This blog is about TV. Not all TV. Just TV that I watch. I watch a decent amount, so you are sure to find something on here that you like. It won't change your life and it won't cure world hunger. But maybe it will make you laugh, smile or just help kill a few minutes of your work day. Enjoy!

Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Summer Love: My Boys

For the past two or three summers, I have looked forward to the returning 1/2 hour comedy My Boys. Based around a female sports writer for the Chicago Tribune, PJ Franklin is a what I consider "A Man's Dream". Hot girl + Real knowledge of Sports. Completely likeable character. Not in your face tom-boy, just "I'm cute, I'm smart, I like poker and baseball and I'm fine with it". What really makes the show is the cast of characters around her. A tight knit group of pals who are slowly aging and completely own the fact that a bottle of wine, a poker game at home or a pizza and movie with friends are all they need. The show's humor is worthy of a consistent chuckle but nothing that will make your stomach start to cramp up. Its just an easy going show, with people you wouldn't mind having over to watch a game and drink a beer with. Sometimes, that is what I need in television. Having lost my summer privileges of tanning, sleeping til noon and frequenting the beach every other weekend (since I am adult with a 9-5 job), I look forward to the summer for My Boys. Plus, Lauren Conrad's boyfriend, Kyle Howard is on the show and I think he's adorable.

1 comment:

  1. I love this show too!!!!!!!!!!!!! I love non-drama shows the MOST these days!

    ReplyDelete