This blog is about TV. Not all TV. Just TV that I watch. I watch a decent amount, so you are sure to find something on here that you like. It won't change your life and it won't cure world hunger. But maybe it will make you laugh, smile or just help kill a few minutes of your work day. Enjoy!

Monday, August 9, 2010

Mad Dreams


Apparently, Mad Men has a very deep effect on my psyche. For the past two weeks, my Sunday night ritual is the same. Watch Mad Men at 9pm. Try to read a little of "Girl with the Dragon Tattoo" in bed. Attempt to fall asleep around 11pm. The latter part of this weekly ritual is difficult enough since I dread Monday mornings like the plague. But with the addition of Mad Men to my Sunday lineup, I have added another element to my ritual...Dreams about Mad Men. Each week, I am literally dreaming about Don Draper. I am certain that the show's producers would be thrilled to hear that I am envisioning their leading man in my sleep. However, each week is more morbid than the week before. This week, I dreamt that Betty Draper (I forgot her new married name) committed suicide. Either this show has too much of an effect on me or I should be added to the writing staff.

No comments:

Post a Comment