This blog is about TV. Not all TV. Just TV that I watch. I watch a decent amount, so you are sure to find something on here that you like. It won't change your life and it won't cure world hunger. But maybe it will make you laugh, smile or just help kill a few minutes of your work day. Enjoy!

Thursday, August 12, 2010

The Final Dance

I've been watching So You Think You Can Dance for a few seasons now. Despite my hate for the show's title, the show has become one of my absolute favorite things about summer. I was never a phenomenal dancer but I can appreciate great dancing when I see it. This season has been no exception. There are moments of genius on this show when dancers become artists and dances become so much more than steps and songs. They can transport you to a place of joy, sadness, heartache and just raw emotion. In past seasons those works of art include: Mia Michael's "Addiction", Tabatha and Napolean's "Bleeding Love" and Tyce Diorio's tribute to breast cancer survivors. Looking back on this season, my favorite routine was Travis Wall's "Collide" prom dance with Kent and Lauren. Besides being danced and choreographed to perfection, I just feel an overall love for Kent and Lauren and their journey together. Not sure if they are or will be a couple, but I would like to leave this season like I leave every romantic movie....thinking they will remain in love forever. Sure, there are times that Kent reminds me more of Pee Wee Herman than a Leading Man, but overall he is talented and should continue to dance for as love as God allows him to. He is a rare form...a heterosexual contemporary male dancer and I celebrate him. I chose to write an entry before the winner is chosen tonight, because I really do not care who wins. Maybe I think Lauren should, but I am genuinely excited that Robert, Lauren and Kent are in the finale. I share in Nigel's sentiments, that each of them deserve to win. 

1 comment:

  1. I agree Brandi! I love Kent & Lauren, I enjoy watching Robert as well, but I'm hoping that Lauren wins tonight!

    ReplyDelete