This blog is about TV. Not all TV. Just TV that I watch. I watch a decent amount, so you are sure to find something on here that you like. It won't change your life and it won't cure world hunger. But maybe it will make you laugh, smile or just help kill a few minutes of your work day. Enjoy!

Monday, August 16, 2010

FALL PREVIEW: My Generation

In my profession, I have the privilege of viewing certain new shows before they hit the air. Between now and the Fall premieres, I will try and report on each of the pilots I have seen and whether or not I like them. My first report is on ABC's MY GENERATION. My Generation is a documentary style show set in the year 2010. Each of the nine cast members graduated in the year 2000. The documentary crew followed them their senior year of high school and is back to catch up with them 10 years later. Note: These are actors. Do not be confused. This is not a real documentary, only a documentary style show. As a graduating member of the class of 2000, I was inititally intrigued. Shortly after I learned the documentary was full of actors...I was not. Then, I gave the show a chance. Mostly because I was curious. And my feelings quickly changed. The show is much more in depth and interesting than at first glance. Each of the characters' lives are intertwined with the others in unexpected and interesting ways. The show's writers tie in events of the last 10 years like Enron, 9/11 and the war in Iraq. It makes the show feel relevant and time sensitive. It makes you look back at the past 10 years of your life and say "wow, I remember that and I can't believe so much has happened". The actors are attractive, always a plus. But most importantly, you find yourself rooting for them. Those that are searching for themselves or still searching for love, you want them to succeed. I will definitely be tuning in to this show on Thursday's at 7pm on ABC. However, in the past, show's aimed directly at a certain age group, have not been a huge success. I believe my interest in the show is greater than its chance of succeeding. If you tune in, maybe we can change that! For each show, I will rate on a scale of 1 to 5 popcorns, my general interest in the show and whether or not I believe it will succeed.

Interest:
Success:

3 comments:

  1. Well, well! Looks like you're moving on up! Now just send me the art with a link and I'll post it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE the new blog template, layout, etc, etc and etc. And the Returning Show Premiere Dates....perfection.

    I know this has nothing to do w/ My Generation!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well I think this show looks promising, i am a tad bit over the doc-u-style shooting in all the new TV series. I wonder were this show will go as it continues...lets wait and see

    ReplyDelete