This blog is about TV. Not all TV. Just TV that I watch. I watch a decent amount, so you are sure to find something on here that you like. It won't change your life and it won't cure world hunger. But maybe it will make you laugh, smile or just help kill a few minutes of your work day. Enjoy!

Friday, August 20, 2010

FALL PREVIEW: Detroit 1-8-7

For years, Michael Imperioli was only one person to television viewers....CHRISTOFFA aka Christopher Moltisanti. As the Tony Soprano protege, he was a FILA track suit wearing badass with a fiery attitude. Since the his tragic death on the show, Michael Imperioli has jumped around a little bit, looking for his next big gig. He's been seen in a few movies and graced a few television shows with his presence. This fall, he takes a gig on the other side of the law (the cop side) and plays a seasoned officer in the Murder Capitol: (no, not New Orleans) Detroit, Michigan. For those of you who do not listen to rap music, 1-8-7 is the police code for murder. So, what is Detroit 1-8-7 about? If you haven't guessed yet...it's about murders in Detroit. Seems like a pretty typical show, something we see on every broadcast and cable network. So, why watch? In my opinion, you watch because it's Michael Imperioli. He's come a long way since his glock carrying, heroine injecting, gold chain wearing days on The Sopranos. He's aged...in a good way. More mature, but still a badass. Now, he's the guy who can break down a hostage situation without anyone getting killed. He has a dark past, one we aren't privy to after the pilot episode, but one I'm interested in learning about. The show is filmed in a documentary style format. Basically, one cop is driving, one cop rides shotgun and the cameraman rides in the back. The cop in shotgun turns around and talks directly in to the camera when setting up the scene. Some may not like this format, I do. I feel like they are talking directly to me, like I am part of the action. And despite its overall dark and dreary theme, there is humor. You will find yourself chuckling in between the serious scenes. Something much needed and much appreciated. Detroit 1-8-7 airs on Tuesday nights at 9pm on ABC. What are your other choices? Parenthood (haven't watched, heard its good), The Good Wife (good show, sometimes boring, I'm pretty sure I'm not in the demo) and 9pm news. Since I'm not a news person and do not watch the other shows religiously, I'll be tuning into Detroit 1-8-7, after I watch Glee and Life Unexpected of course!


Interest:





Success:


No comments:

Post a Comment