This blog is about TV. Not all TV. Just TV that I watch. I watch a decent amount, so you are sure to find something on here that you like. It won't change your life and it won't cure world hunger. But maybe it will make you laugh, smile or just help kill a few minutes of your work day. Enjoy!

Monday, January 3, 2011

Post Holiday Television

The holidays are a festive time. Egg nog. Three day work weeks. A Christmas Story marathon. But for TV lovers, it is a drought. Networks begin stunting with holiday programs like "Kenny Rogers: Home for the Holidays". Or cheesy Lifetime movies like "All She Wants for Christmas" (real title). There are no original run episodes because sweeps is over. So, with the promise and hope of a New Year, also comes the second half of the 2010-11 season. Whoop Whoop! Today is Monday, Day One. What am I watching? And what am I DVR'ing? I started my evening with the Premiere of the last season of Greek on ABC Family (see pic above). This has been one of my favorite shows on television. Not for the refreshingly creative writing or deep and complex characters, but for the pure simplicity of college life. Most days of my 815 to 530pm work week, I dream of taking a 3pm nap on my college sofa while watching Oprah. Will Greek win an Emmy? A Golden Globe? Not so much. But for one hour each week, I am transported back to a time when finding a Grub Date was the most important part of my week. And whether or not to eat Cane's or Mellow Mushroom was the question of the day. I miss it. From 9-10pm, I'm watching Castle. Yet another show that may not win an Emmy for its intense crime solving mystery, but you will fall in love with the characters. All of them. The silly, yet loyal and competent team of detectives. The flawless, strong willed Kate Beckett. The debonair, yet teddy bear like Rick Castle. And of course, the adorable flirtation between the last two. Each week, I find I'm not even paying attention to the crime...I'm just watching to see how Castle and Beckett interact. It's similar to how I feel about Benson and Stabler on Law and Order: Special Victims Unit...except without all the incestuous rape, violent child abuse and brutal domestic violence. And for tomorrow, I have a two hour premiere of The Bachelor DVR'd. Only problem...I hate Brad Womack. Literally, I do not want to watch him. YUCK!

No comments:

Post a Comment