This blog is about TV. Not all TV. Just TV that I watch. I watch a decent amount, so you are sure to find something on here that you like. It won't change your life and it won't cure world hunger. But maybe it will make you laugh, smile or just help kill a few minutes of your work day. Enjoy!

Tuesday, November 23, 2010

GLEE's TOP 6

When it comes to Glee, I was originally hesitant...like most people and the Twilight series. Originally, you don't want to be a fan because you think its overrated and everyone's a fan, so where is the fun in that? Then, you jump on the bandwagon and realize, its the greatest thing ever. I came around late in Season 1. My original hesitation was the casting on Cory Monteith as Finn. I thought, of all the Zac Efron's in the world, you cast this guy to play the leading jock role? Seriously? And after a while, he grew on me. I realized, he is his own version of a "typical" jock and I like it. Therefore, when it comes to ranking the past season's greatest hits, I am not taking anything from Season 1 into consideration. Just need to make that clear in case Gleeks come out the woodworks to hate on my rankings.

When choosing this list, its pretty simple. I rank them based on how many times I have talked about, sang myself to sleep with and rewatched on my DVR (or someone else's...Therese and Bobby). So, without further adieu, my Season 2 TOP 6 Glee Performances.

Honorbale Mention: "Umbrella/Singing in the Rain" I almost caved under the pressure and put them in the Top 6, but it was only ok for me. Great performance, great match up but the others really outranked in my opinion.

#6 Quinn and Sam sing "Lucky" in the Duets episode. Sam plays the guitar. Quinn innocently flirts and prances around him as they sing this Jason Mraz/Colbie Caillat love song. New favorite couple. Check.

#5 The entire Britney epsiode. When rewatching, the choreogrpahy was simply ridiculous. And by ridiculous, I mean amazing. And my amazing, I mean flawless. Holla back Brittany S. Pierce. Special shout out to Santana and Brittany's duet. I tip my imaginary hat to you ladies. Well done.

#4 Amazing performed by Finn and the group in a tear-jerking, I Love You Man, moment. Not only do I love the song by Bruno Mars, but I love the fact that Finn is not being such a d-bag anymore. It's about time Finnster.

#3 Gwyneth Paltrow's "Forget You" version of Cee Lo's hit song. Despite the fact that I am pretty sure she flashed the Glee clubbers when hopping up on the piano in her mini skirt, this song performance made me sing for days.

#2 "Teenage Dream" by Blaine and The Warblers. I never imagined that a group of half gay/half straight boys in uniform could make me love a Katy Perry song. Bravo Warblers. And Bravo to the random dude fist pumping in the background. If you didn't notice him, it is worth rewatching.

#1 My costume for next year. "Start Me Up/Livin on a Prayer" mash up with the girls of Glee decked out in leather. Watched it several times. Sang the songs for days. Still singing the song now.

1 comment: