This blog is about TV. Not all TV. Just TV that I watch. I watch a decent amount, so you are sure to find something on here that you like. It won't change your life and it won't cure world hunger. But maybe it will make you laugh, smile or just help kill a few minutes of your work day. Enjoy!

Monday, September 19, 2011

FALL TV Begins TONIGHT!

Tonight begins my favorite time of year, FALL TV Season. With so many new shows beginning and old favorites returning, I have to weed through the hype and dazzling promos and make firm cuts to my weekday lineup. My DVR can only hold so much. If a show makes it to my DVR, it is a must watch.

Starting with tonight, here's my DVR lineup...I'd love to hear yours!
Monday: Castle 9pm (ABC). Hart of Dixie (CW, 9/26)
Tuesday: Glee 7pm (Fox). New Girl 8pm (Fox). Parenthood 9pm (NBC)
Wednesday: Up All Night 7pm (NBC). Modern Family 8pm (ABC). Happy Endings 830pm (ABC). Revenge 9pm (ABC).
Thursday: Person of Interest (CBS, 8pm)...yes, you read correctly. I am not planning on watching Grey's. I believe I have fallen out of love.
Sunday: Good Wife 8pm (CBS). Boardwalk Empire 8pm (HBO). Pan Am 9pm (ABC)
*You will notice there is NO Brothers & Sisters listed. It has been cancelled. I am sorry if I am the one to break the news to you. I will miss is dearly too*

A few shows I may flip to/sample are:
  • Two Broke Girls (CBS, Mon 730pm)
  • Dancing with the Stars (ABC, Mon 7pm/Tues 8pm - I always like to catch a few dances and pick a favorite)
  • The Playboy Club (NBC, Mon 9pm)
Shows I will 100% NOT be watching:
  • Two and 1/2 Men (CBS, Mon 8pm)- too hyped, really don't care. Ashton's long hair bothers me. I think the show's been played out for a while.
  • Charlie Sheen Roast (Comedy Central, tonight 9pmish) - really, really, really don't care. I hate roasts and Charlie Sheen freaks me out these days.
  • X Factor - (Weds and Thurs) I hate American Idol. I will take The Sing Off and The Voice any day over these over-hyped, over-publicized, over-paid television juggernauts. Vomit.
What's Missing?
This may or may not seem like a full line up to you...depending on your level of love for television. However, what is not listed are any of David's television programs. As always, there will be plenty of football watching in my house. Thursday - Monday night there is always a football game (or several) to watch. There is also the never-ending Storage Wars marathon. I do enjoy an occasional episode, but the constant "Yyyyyiiiipppp" is wearing thin on my nerves. (you have to watch to know what I'm referring to). Finally, the second to last season of Jersey Shore. Although I still watch it with David from time to time, I think their stars have faded. Once Deena and Snooki became a couple...I checked out.

If I haven't listed one of your favorite shows and you want to know when it begins, check out my favorite TV website. It has more info than you could imagine.


Anyway, I'm looking forward to an eventful season of television. I hope to update my reviews on the new shows as often as possible....but we'll see what really happens.

Happy Watching!

1 comment:

  1. The Big C and Weeds(turning things around this yr. I'm back on board)- Showtime
    Ummmmmmm- DANCE MOMS!

    ReplyDelete