This blog is about TV. Not all TV. Just TV that I watch. I watch a decent amount, so you are sure to find something on here that you like. It won't change your life and it won't cure world hunger. But maybe it will make you laugh, smile or just help kill a few minutes of your work day. Enjoy!

Thursday, September 23, 2010

FOOTBALL TIME

It's September, which means a few things: 1. Kids are back in school, traffic is bad again. 2. Most of my favorite shows are back in new episodes. 3. Football. In my house, football pretty much takes over. Every Saturday, Sunday, Monday and the occasional Thursday and Friday. Most of the time I enjoy, but then again, its is September. Talk to me in November.
In the spirit of football, I have taken on a new show...Friday Night Lights. I know, this show has been around for 4 seasons. But due to scheduling conflicts and overall disinterest in NBC programming, I haven't tuned in prior to now. What's got me on the bandwagon? ABC Family has started from Season 1 and runs an episode everyday at 5pm. My DVR is already overloaded, so each day I race home, watch my new obsession and delete it immediately to make room. This new routine may begin to wear off soon. It's quite exhausting. But as of now, it is the highlight of my day. Instead of having to wait a full week or a whole summer for a new episode, I only have to wait 24 hours. AND there are three more seasons to watch!
Now, here's why I like Friday Night Lights...First of all, there is an innocence to it. The innocence of first loves, thinking you will stay with your high school sweetie forever and thinking the world follows the same rules as high school. After 10 years out of MCA, those ideas could never be more false. Next, I love the simplicity of it. High school team and coach loved and admired by a community. All of their hopes and dreams, fears and joys, wrapped around the local high school football team's success. There are breakups, breakdowns, new loves, lost loves, success and failure. Simply put, its just life in Texas...with a whole lot of attractive people. However, knowing that this show has not received much love from NBC or the critics, I'm praying it doesn't take a turn for the worse. As for now...I love Texas football.

2 comments:

  1. Best football show on TV by far if they would only run an entire season without interruption. I can't stand it when I'm half way through a season and the show just decides to not come back on for months...Not easy to "stay tuned" with that nonsense.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so tired of reading this post about FNL, pleeeeeease give us some new content!!!

    ReplyDelete